Monday, December 04, 2006

The Story of One Victim of Terrorism in Northern Ireland

Our "mainstream media", with their usual bias, have always painted the war in Northern Ireland (Ulster) as a war of liberation fought between irish catholics and the British army. Nothing could be further from the truth. The irish have been fighting a war against the Ulster Scots, most of whom came to Northern Ireland over 400 years ago.

The IRA are one of the bloodiest, most inhuman groups of terrorists in the world. They have often allied themselves with other terrorists worldwide, including the PLO, al Qaeda, and Baader-Meinhof. Many of them celebrated the atrocities of 9/11 and 7/7.

Unfortunately, many Americans do not understand what has been happening in Ulster and have unwittingly provided financial and moral aid to the terrorists. In order to try to fight against the ignorance, I have asked my friend "Alice", who is a fellow Ulster Scot from Belfast, to tell me her story.

I got to know Alice a few years ago over the internet when she graciously offered to help me with the research of my Ulster Scot ancestors. She was born in Belfast and was forced to flee to England in 1981 when she was targeted for assassination by the IRA.

My Grandfather owned a block of five houses in Belfast, one was my family home and Grandfather lived next door. The other three houses he eventually sold off. The house next door to me {they had adjoining walls} was sold to a catholic family and their son-in law put a bomb in it that brought down our house. My Mum, my two sisters and me were out that night but my step-dad was at home with my 9month old baby brother when the bomb went off. My step-dad lifted my brother from his pram and ran outside when he heard a low rumble and a crack ran up the wall, seconds later there was nothing left of our home but rubble.
The Military police brought me home in an army landrover to find I had no home and for a while I didn't know if my family had been killed. We were left with nothing but the clothes we were wearing that night in March 1972.
We were declared homeless and were given emergency public housing. We had to live there for years until we could get financially back on our feet. The only reason that bastard bombed our house was because that catholic family couldn't get it sold quick enough. My Mum was always a good neighbour to them and often had them in for tea! He didn't care if we had been all killed.
From 1969 when the present round of IRA rising broke out, my life was a constant stream of avoiding car bombs and sniper fire going about daily life. One day coming home from school IRA snipers started firing on the Army and a soldier grabbed me by the neck over the barbed wire barricades to safety. The barbed wire ripped open my leg {I still have the scar} but I didn't even feel it or know the blood was poring from the wound through fear.
I eventually married a British soldier and in February 1981 I kept getting phone calls asking what time he would be home. At 5pm the police arrived to give me a gun guard as they had caught an IRA gunman on his way to murder us. On police advice we had to leave Ulster for England within 72 hours as that was how long they could hold the gunman in custody. I never even got time to see goodbye to any of my family and ended up as a refugee in England.
I have a cousin in the police and the IRA found out where he lived, he moved 14 times and they always found out. He was shot and injured one Sunday morning coming out of Church. He eventually blew his head off as they drove him mad.
I could tell you loads more things about things that have happened and people I know who were murdered or injured by the IRA. Never mention my surname as once on a death list your life is always under threat. The IRA don't close their execution book. It always hurt that so many Americans did and still do finance IRA/SinnFein but they have got what they wanted as the Labour Party are also with them all the way and we the Ulster people are the true victims. SinnFein seem to have won the propaganda war against us. Please be careful what you say about them.

This is what this "liberation movement" is up to. They want to murder a young woman in cold blood just because she has the wrong religion and wrong ethnic background.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am an historian writing a book about the North of Ireland. I found your blog interesting and wondered if you would consider chatting in relation to my research. My project will be largely oral based and you would be ideal!

Eoin Clarke
email- mreoinclarke@hotmail.com