A Few Modest Proposals
(1) Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac should be barred from spending any money on lobbying or on campaign contributions
(2) The salaries of all employees of Fannie Mae and Freddi Mac should be adjusted to federal civil service guidelines
(3) Likewise, the salaries of the employees of any financial institution that must be bailed out by the taxpayers should be adjusted to civil service guidelines
(4) Former officials of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac such as Franklin Raines and Jamie Gorelick should be required to forfeit all compensation they earned.
(5) All financial institutions undergoing federal bailout and their employees should be barred from making any contributions to politicians