Monday, June 18, 2007

Economics Prof at Chicago Claims to Speak for 'Pretty Much All Economists'

In my very first post to the blog, I wrote about Greg Mankiw's ludicrous idea to raise the gas tax. Now I hear that Steven Levitt, Professor of Economics at U. Chicago, and the author of Freakonomics, also wants gas prices higher:


Hurray For High Gas Prices!

For a long time I have felt the price of gasoline in the United States was way too low. Pretty much all economists believe this. Greg Mankiw blogged back in October about the many reasons why we should raise gas taxes.

Oh really, Steven? I know of at least one economist who doesn't feel that gas prices are too low. Can you back up your assertion with some facts? Has there been a recent poll of economists?

Trying speaking for yourself. It will make your words so much more credible.

No comments: