Saturday, May 30, 2009

0bama Administration Dismayed To Find British Press Are Not Their Lapdogs

With the exception of Fox News, and a few other brave souls, the media here in the USA are largely the lackeys of the 0bama administration. This is nothing new. They have always favored Democrats. But in the case of 0bama the press have brought their sycophancy to an absurd level.

In Britain, however, even though much of the press are also leftwing, they have no particular loyalty to the Anointed One. 0bama's press secretary has shown the typical leftist shock and dismay when someone disagrees with them:


"I want to speak generally about some reports I've witnessed over the past few years in the British media," Gibbs said. "In some ways, I'm surprised it filtered down."
"Let's just say if I wanted to look up, if I wanted to read a write-up of how Manchester United fared last night in the Champions League Cup, I'd might open up a British newspaper," he continued. "If I was looking for something that bordered on truthful news, I'm not entirely sure it'd be the first pack of clips I'd pick up."

Nile Gardiner at the Telegraph responded:

For all its talk of "raising America's standing" in the world after the Bush years, the Obama administration is doing a spectacularly bad job of reaching out to its allies. Unfortunately this is the new face of America's public diplomacy, which will only serve to alienate public opinion across the Atlantic. Congratulations Gibbs - you've just made an enemy out of the entire British media, quite an achievement for the man in charge of selling the President's message.

No comments: