Some Things Never Change
Remember how things were in 1980, just before Reagan was elected?
1. Turmoil in the middle east
2. High inflation
3. Surging oil prices
4. A Federal Reserve run by a Keynesian who didn't realize that his outdated ideas were debunked decades ago
5. Federal government run by Democrats who were spending, taxing, and regulating without limits
6. Stubbornly high unemployment
7. A generally pessimistic mood in the country. Many people thinking that the USA's best days were all in the past
8. A clueless president who thought that all we have to do is be nice to other countries and they will be nice to us too
The only thing we don't have today from the above list is high inflation, but that may change soon too --- for the worse.