Thursday, May 24, 2007

Blog of the Week: Dr. Helen

I just recently became acquainted with Dr. Helen's blog, and what I have read has been a delight. She has written a great deal about anti-male bias in academia, a problem I am all too familiar with.

Helen has a great sense of humor:


So Hillary Clinton went to Rutgers to kiss up to--I mean support--the women's basketball team. She addressed 700 students and faculty (the actual women players were too busy to meet with her--good for them) and urged the crowd to take a "Rutgers pledge," to say, "Enough is enough, when women or minorities or the powerless are marginalized or degraded."

My thoughts: As a woman, I would rather be referred to as a "nappy-headed ho" by Don Imus than called "powerless" by Hillary Clinton.


She is one fine nappy-headed ho.

No comments: