Thursday, November 15, 2007


A Democrat Steps in the Doodoo
Carla Dartez, a state legislator in Louisiana, has found herself on the defensive for calling a black supporter "Buckwheat".


A Democrat who serves in the Louisiana legislature called a black supporter "Buckwheat" just days before the runoff election that will determine whether or not she returns to Baton Rouge.
Rep. Carla Blanchard Dartez said "Talk to you later, Buckwheat" at the end of a telephone conversation with a black woman who helped drive voters to the polls on Election Day. (Buckwheat was a character in The Little Rascals who has come to symbolize demeaning racial stereotypes.)
"I've never had no one talk to me that way and I considered it a racial slur," Hazel Boykin tells the
Associated Press. "I know the meaning of it, it's just like the N-word."

Some like Dymphna at Gates of Vienna are saying they glad that a Democrat is being held to the same standards as Republicans for once. But I'm not so sure. If the perpretrator of this horrendous racist hate crime had been a Republican, the Right Revruns Jackson and Sharpton would be down there seizing their photo ops in front of the Lamestream Media.

I wonder what will happen if I refer to some white guy as "Alfalfa" or "Spanky"? Let's see....

No comments: