Monday, January 08, 2007

How Sick are the Gun Control Advocates?

It has always been clear that those who support gun control are stupid. But up until now I thought they were just stupid, not really sick or twisted. I was wrong. I read this article in the Seattle Post-Intelligencer (hat tip to Kate at Small Dead Animals). There was one quote in the article that needs an EXTREME BARF ALERT:


Bryan Jones, director of the Center for American Politics and Public Policy at the University of Washington, agreed that the gun lobby is the main reason politicians are unlikely to pass new control laws....

"I hate to say it but it's going to take the kind of massacre that kills lots of children. That's the only way we are going to see progress," Jones said.
"I think it's got to be worse than (Columbine). I mean, you didn't see anything in Colorado" in substantive new gun control laws after 15 people were killed at Columbine High School in 1999.

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if this Jones character, or some other gun hater, caused a massacre to happen just so they could get their laws passed.

No comments: